I am setting up this blog to journal my excursion to Mt.Whitney. I will be joining five other women on this adventure to summit the highest peak in the contiguous United States

Monday, June 8, 2009

Into thin air

The trail to our camp was AMAZING!  I cannot begin to describe the feeling of being out there in the wilderness with no ability to communicate with the outside world.  The scenery was absolutely beautiful, it was so serene to be able to leave "home" behind for a while and reconnect with myself.  



















We laughed, sang, and learned a little bit more about each other (some of us would rather be blind than obese, wear a permanent sombrero rather than moon boots and have 2 left feet rather than wear ortho head gear). All in all the time passed quickly and before long we were at our camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment